CoverMyMeds (Senior System Engineer | Feb 2016-Current)
- Pioneered and championed container-based applications by designing process and automation for the first production Docker application. 95% of ~1000 production application servers are now running containerized apps.
- Reduced process repetition and reduced risk of human errors by automating common complex tasks with Ansible and AWX.
- Increased stability of operating system patching by automating promotion of patches through testing, integration and then production.
- Eliminated tedious manual processes by creating internal python module to interact with Red Hat Satellite API.
- Trained and mentored new engineers on the intricacies of our tooling and environment.
Nationwide Insurance (Linux System Engineer | June 2013-Feb 2016)
- Improved server lifecycle management by redesigning Django web application using Django-Rest-Framework.
- Standardized automated and manual interactions with lifecycle API by creating and deploying ‘pycycle’ python package across 3000+ servers.
- Reduced complexity of storage activities by overhauling SAN abstraction python package.
Highlights for Children (Linux System Engineer | May 2012-June 2013)
- Facilitated Single Sign-on implementation across Highlights branded sites by evaluating numerous SSO tooling and protocols.
- Improved server security by creating automation to configure application firewalls on all servers.
Jumpline.com (Manager of Technical Operations | Feb 2010-May 2012)
- Expedited creation of customer Wordpress Network sites by creating tooling to automate site creation via spreadsheet.
- Reduced customer tickets and improved shared hosting server security by identifying and remedying common Wordpress attack vectors.